Multivariable Calculus, by Edwards & Penney, 6th edition
Multiple Integration Chapter 12 (4-5 weeks)
Vector Calculus Chapter 13 (4-5) weeks
- 14.1-3 Double integrals
- 14.8 Surface Area
- 14.6 Triple integrals
- 14.7 Polar, cylindrical, and spherical coordinates
- 14.9 Change of variables in multiple integrals
- Applications of multiple integration
- 15.1 Vector fields, div, grad, and curl
- 15.2 Line integrals
- 15.3 Fundamental theorem and path independence
- 15.4 Green's theorem
- 15.5 Surface integrals
- 15.7 Divergence theorem (Gauss)
- 15.7 Stokes' theorem
- Applications of vector calculus
Thursday 11am in M152 and L251 Teaching Assistants:
In addition you can also talk to
No discussion section during first week of classes
Hermann Riecke: TBA, M458Homework Assignments:
At other times (M-F afternoons and evenings): check out tech tutoring.
30% Quizzes (drop lowest quiz score)
20-minute quizzes at end of the discussion section are based on homework problems.
20% each midterm
on Multiple Integration (Chapt.14) .
on Vector Calculus (Cahpt.15)
(common with other tech sections, comprehensive, emphasis on Vector Calculus)
Wednesday, March 17, 7-9pm
No make-up quizzes, make-up exams except for excused absences.